An Impact Opportunity (IO) is a specific barrier in the rural-impacting micro, small and medium-sized (MSME) ecosystem identified by Small Foundation that we believe we have some potential to help address.
Our Impact Opportunities
Nature of Our Support
We provide appropriate financial support to help our partners achieve financial sustainability and greater social impact.
Our non-financial support includes enabling access to learning, leveraging our networks, and our staff serving in governance roles where needed.
Collaboration in aligned networks
We support several cross-cutting initiatives that seek to drive systemic change in MSME business ecosystems by increasing effective connection and collaboration between multiple stakeholders.
Our Support Criteria
- Compatibility with SF’s strategy
- Effectiveness of impact on extreme poverty
- Sustainability of impact
- Scalability of impact
- High leverage point in ecosystem
- Additionality of SF’s support
- SF capacity to support effectively
- Degree of local involvement.