ANDE and Small Foundation deepen partnership in West Africa
Small Foundation is delighted to announce a new, multi-year engagement with the Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs’ (ANDE) West Africa Chapter as a part of our impact networks portfolio. Drawing on ANDE’s membership of over 250 organisations, the West Africa Chapter offers an inclusive regional platform for stakeholders engaged in the small and growing business (SGB) ecosystem to build knowledge, connections and collaboration.
Em Ekong, ANDE West Africa Regional Head, who will oversee this new phase of work in West Africa, commented:
“As the West Africa Regional Head, I am super excited about 2023. This partnership with Small Foundation will help us to drive the following initiatives:
- The #MadeinWAF campaign which will include innovative convenings between Anglophone and Francophone West Africa to forge stronger networks, collaborations and partnerships
- ANDE’s country snapshots providing essential data to drive priority actions for SGBs
- Regional policy dialogues to build the West Africa entrepreneurial ecosystem around our three key thematic areas that include gender equality, climate and environmental action, and decent work and economic growth
- Capacity development for members to better serve their target markets
- ANDE’s Global Conference hosted for the first time in Accra, Ghana in September 2023, with a special “Africa Day” paying tribute to collaborations and partnership formed in the region.”
Over the coming three years, Small Foundation will support ANDE West Africa to provide opportunities for members to build relationships with members and key stakeholders through convenings; increase learning and knowledge in the ecosystem through ANDE’s global knowledge base; and strengthen the SGB sector through capacity building opportunities. This partnership also aims to further the Chapter’s work to expand relationships across Francophone and Anglophone member segments, deepening ecosystem connections in key markets and exploring opportunities for shared policy engagements across the region.
ANDE was established as a programme of the Aspen Institute in 2009 to propel entrepreneurship in developing economies. Comprising over 250 organisations from across the world, ANDE members provide critical financial, educational and business support services to the SGB sector across Africa, Asia and Latin America. Small Foundation has been a member of ANDE since 2014, and provided core support to the East and West African Chapters between 2016 and 2019. Small Foundation also co-funded the Uganda Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Initiative, hosted by ANDE in Kampala.